Sunday, September 25, 2011

October



I am absolutely obsessed with October.  I love the crisp fall air, bundling up with layers, pumpkin flavored treats (especially chocolate chip pumpkin cookies) my birthday!!! and of course...Halloween! The day to dress up as whatever you want.  You'll see many interesting choices for costumes; some creative, some expected, and some just plain slutty.  Either way, it involves lots of candy, so I'm on board. I work at Pottery Barn, where we get lots of accessories that are easy ways to update your home with a seasonal touch.  I find that most people who come into the store ask the same questions: how can i update my look without going overboard?  I always tell them the same thing...think SMALL.  It's all about the little details that create a mood without looking like a fun house.  I picked out a few of our more popular items that are Halloween oriented. 

Here are some burlap canvas string lights that are different, yet kind of unexpected. 


These candles I absolutely adore.  They are the newsprint candles are run from $16-25.  I would totally use these year round...they are just too fun! My friend Erin Fosmire would love them because she loooves to read!


These are for the owl lovers out there. Super cute and fun. You could easily keep these around until thanksgiving. 


This drink dispenser is probably my favorite.  I'd love to throw a fun Halloween party with "ghoulish" accents to prove that grown-ups can still be little kids sometimes.  Also take note of the mercury glass bowl to the right.  Mercury glass is really in this year and is a great accent to use for the holidays!  I just bought some mercury glass candle holders and they are so pretty when they are lit up with little votives!

1 comment:

  1. It's so funny because I was looking at the candles and thinking to myself that they were so cute!!! You know me too well.

    ReplyDelete